Arriving in Rome
We arrived in Rome, Italy, on Saturday, March 2nd, after more than 25 hours of flying and layovers and very little sleep. We picked up our rental car and headed south to Vietri sul Mare on the Amalfi Coast, where we will spend five nights. We met our homeowner and got to the flat around 9:00 p.m., ready for a good night’s sleep.
This morning, I asked Barb and Mike to describe yesterday in one word, then two words, then three or four words, and finally in a sentence. Here are the answers:
- Barb: Fiasco
- Mike: Debacle
- Jen: Insane
- Barb: Quintessential Italian
- Mike: Eye opener
- Jen: Scary ride
Three or four words
- Barb: Most Italians are crazy!
- Mike: No way out!
- Jen: Instant cultural immersion.
- Barb: You’re back in Italy now, baby!
- Mike: I can’t believe people live like this after 2,000 years of civilization.
- Jen: Between the three of us, we can handle anything.